News from the AGM
– Steve Sharpe chaired most of the meeting and was thanked for his considerable input over the last two years. He will be a hard act to follow.
– The Race Dates for 2020 were agreed and are on the left of this email. The Race Card is on the website under Documents and can be found here.
– The dates include five extra races, some to be held on Saturdays, some on Sundays, for an on the tide Sprint Series. The Series is intended to attract boats such as Squibs, Sandhoppers and ECODs and as well as the usual BJRC boats. A Notice of Race has been drafted and will be available well before the season starts. The races are intended to be about two hours duration and will start from the N/S Doubles an hour before HW Osea.
– The Annual Dinner is to be held at Maldon Little Ship Club on Saturday 15th February. (not the 22nd as was hoped). Due to space restrictions it will be a buffet event. Barry Foulds has kindly offered to organise the event and has sent invitations to skippers. Please contact me if you have any queries. My contact details are at the bottom of the page.
– I was voted in as Chairman but sadly no-one put themselves forward for the position of Vice-Chairman.
Kevin Whittle has offered to help and is organising the Sprint Series,
Steve Sharpe has offered to enter the race results into Halsail, which is the website we use and is set up to send out the results.
Andy Ellis Chairman